Don’s company SEI Industries Ltd was established in 1978. Its core business is focused on innovations in industrial fabric and it is known for its invention of the world-famous Bambi Bucket which is used by helicopters to drop water on forest fires.
Operating from a full-service manufacturing facility located in Delta, BC, Canada, SEI supplies products that serve the military and many other industries including, oil and gas, mining, remote construction, wild land fire management, aviation, environmental spill prevention and disaster response.
SEI has a global agent network with two international offices and seven international repair facilities. Currently, SEI products are in use in 110 countries around the world.
- SEI’s customer base includes:
- Disaster relief agencies
- Government and military peacekeeping deployment operations
- Resource base exploration activities, and
- Environmental primary/secondary containment industry.
- United Nations
SEI PRODUCT DIVISIONS
SEI Industries has two main product lines: Aerial Firefighting and Remote Site Fuel and Water Storage/Transport. Within these two main divisions, there are sub-groups that offer specialty products targeting:
- heli-bucketing (Bambi Bucket)
- controlled burns, fire ignition (Dragon),
- ground fire fighting (Fireflex),
- turnkey fuel and water logistics (Remote Site)
- spill prevention and secondary containment (Environmental).
Additional product lines have grown out of the core business and provide solutions using other materials. Dragon fire ignition technology, and Nor-E mobile decontamination trucks and trailers are two examples.
Please visit www.sei-ind.com for more information.
BC Export Awards Finalist in 2002, 2003 and 2009
BC Export Award for Manufactured Products in 2003